Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Little Light Never Hurt Nobody



Wednesdays and Fridays are my least favorite days, clothing-wise. See, I'm taking a stage craft course which requires a certain amount of shop hours per week. I work on Wednesday & Friday, and I certainly can't do it in dresses. So I wear jeans, sneakers, and tees to class, and the moment I get back to the dorms, I switch to nicer clothes. In the last year, I realized that I really rather hate wearing jeans, and feel most comfortable in dresses and skirts. Now, I only wear jeans when I absolutely have to.

IMG_0344.jpg picture by MateyCouture

It's been ages since I wore this dress. I'm trying to move away from neutrals as we get closer to spring, and this is very definitely not a neutral.

IMG_0351.jpg picture by MateyCouture


- white button down - converse, from target
- fuchsia dress - made by me!
- necklaces & belt - gift/trade
- stockings - target
- oxfords - forever21

IMG_0354.jpg picture by MateyCouture

I was laughing because I thought it would be a good photo idea to sit in the snow, but then it turned out it was ridiculous.

So, despite having a huge exam tomorrow & a pretty intense paper at the beginning of the week, & a big project looming, it's been a good week. Particularly today, when I got a package from home with cookies, my petticoat, and my oxford stilettos. I have the best parents, & I really could not stop smiling after I opened it.

[For the curious: yes, the grammar stickler inside me is cringing at the title. But one must make exceptions for Jason Mraz!]

7 comments:

  1. Fushia Passion! Lovely dress Addie!
    I hope you didn't have a huge wet spot on your bum
    from sitting on the snow?;) Your too cute Addie love!


    note to self: tany, don't sit on the snow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i was more into wearing dresses! you always look so lovely! and what about trying some jean skirts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tany - Haha! you make me smile! No, I wasn't sitting in the snow long enough, but thank you for the concern! <3

    Jessica - Thank you!! & I would try to get away with jean skirts in the shop, but it's really just-pants kind of work. But speaking of that, I really do need a good denim skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about jeans, I don't like them! and you look so sweet in this dress! and sitting in the snow is RIDICULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bright pink dress, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous dress! It looks great on you! You can wear it without sleeves now, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still like this look. Maybe I wouldn't wear the tights, but it's very Alice in wonderland. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! Feel free to leave thoughts, questions, etc. Thanks, dolls!