Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Inspiration Wednesday: Yellow Dresses

Welcome to the first Inspiration Wednesday! Sit down, stay a while, make conversation!

So, I've been indulging myself lately. It's frigid outside today with a biting wind, but I feel like spring is just around the corner because I've spent the last few days poking around the internet to find the perfect sundress.

In my mind, the perfect sundress can be worn to both a picnic and a cocktail party. It can be thrown on with water-and-wind-tousled hair and make you look absolutely delightful. It could be styled with flats and a cardigan for church, or heels and a bolero for a summer evening wedding. It needs to be airy and romantic, flirty and chic. A lot for a dress to live up to, I agree--but not impossible!

Right now, I am firmly on a yellow kick. Maybe it's a hidden (or not so hidden) adoration for the Morton Salt Girl, but I have my heart set on a yellow dress for the coming season. I haven't decided what style to make it in, but here are my top three picks from scouring the web.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z301/theclotheshorse/theclotheshorse2/yellow.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z301/theclotheshorse/theclotheshorse2/yelllow6.jpg

Rebecca, from The Clothes Horse, is always a style inspiration. I'm very much in love with this dress. The simplistic style, sweet silhouette, and cheery shade all come together perfectly!

http://lookbook.nu/files/looks/large/324364_DSC_0268look.jpg?1253569730
[credit]

This is a fantastic dress. You can't pass up a good shirt dress! I love the casual way it's styled, and oh my goodness, who doesn't want to run through a field like that?!


[credit]

This is another impeccable dress. The lacy detailing on the skirt and the capped sleeves are so, so sweet.

What is your must-have item for spring/summer 2010? What do you think makes up the ideal sundress? (These questions which haunt us!)

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE mellow yellow. But I can't wear it because my skin has yellow undertones so it makes me look sick :(
    All three dresses are adorable but I like the top one best.

    Must-have for spring? Florals. Either a dress or shoes or tights. Also, perfect sundress? no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the yellow salt girl! I was just baking in the kitchen and I thought "I need to make myself a yellow sundress so I can be like the yellow salt girl!" I really like the shirt-dress. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos but, I've never really been into dresses. I never felt confident in them at all. That's just me though. :) Sometimes I don't feel like that much of a lady especially with subjects like dresses! haaahahahh. heehehe. :)

    -TSStechAngel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronika - Aw! I wonder if you could work it into your wardrobe via shoes, or jewelry? Yes yes YES florals!

    Hannah - Haha! She's definitely iconic! I think it would be mad awesome to dress up as her for Halloween sometime, wouldn't it?

    Kaylea - It's okay, they're not for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree - i want a yellow dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHHH!I love all of those dresses. I really need some good vintage clothes. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people! Feel free to leave thoughts, questions, etc. Thanks, dolls!